Latest Blog Posts
40 Inspiring Blogs for the Aspiring Playwright
May 11th, 2011
Anyone will tell you that building a career in showbiz is tough, not just for actors, but for writers as well. Competition abounds, scripts are meddled with, and writer's block is a constant threat. Read on to find 40 blogs that understand, and offer advice for aspiring playwrights.
- Working Title Playwrights Blog: Working Title Playwrights discusses making new plays happen for developing playwrights.
- Essential Theatre: Essential Theatre provides support for the creation of new dramatic literature through this blog.
- The Jobbing Scriptwriter: Phil Barron's blog is a playwriting blog that's not for the faint hearted.
- The Office of Letters and Light: The Office of Letters and light encourages writers to reach their creative potential.
- Adam Szymkowicz: Adam Szymkowicz has advice for new playwrights, as well as interviews with playwrights.
- Playwright Now: Stephen Gregg helps student playwrights and more on this blog.
- Culturebot: Culturebot overloads with culture, sharing arts, culture, and ideas.
- Damian Trasler's Secret Blog: Damian Trasler's blog discusses secret information about life, plays, and Canada.
- Plays and Playwrights: The NYTE Small Press is all about publishing plays by emerging playwrights.
- Playwrights Foundation Blog: This foundation is dedicated to supporting American playwrights and the development of new plays.
- ArtsBeat: Read ArtsBeat to take a look at culture in the US.
- About Last Night: About Last Night takes a look at the art scene in New York.
- The Pen is Mightier Than the Spork: James Moran is a writer sharing his experiences on this blog.
- Write Here, Write Now: Lucy Hay is a script editor, screenwriter, and feminist.
- Everything I Know I Learned from Musicals: Chris Caggiano's blog explores musicals, with reviews, news, and more.
- Weebelly: Weebelly is a playwrights blog dedicated to all things play building.
- Happy Publishing: Happy Publishing has inspiration for aspiring playwrights.
- NaPlWriMo: NaPlWriMo is National Playwriting Month, and offers great ideas for playwriting.
- Culture Monster: Stay on top of culture in LA with the help of Culture Monster.
- Economic Revitalization for Performing Artists: Check out this blog to learn about revitalizing the profit system for performing arts.
- New Play Blog: Read about the development of new plays on this blog.
- How to be a busy poet and still live in poverty: Mark Niel blogs about staying busy as a poet.
- The Subversive Copy Editor Blog: Carol is a senior manuscript editor with great advice for aspiring playwrights.
- Jamespeak: Read James Comtois' ramblings as a playwright and armchair thinker on Jamespeak.
- Script Frenzy: Get inspired to write scripts with this blog.
- Theatre Thoughts Blog: Read about all things theatrical on the Theatre Thoughts blog.
- On Theatre and Politics: Matthew Freeman's blog explores his work as a playwright and freelance writer.
- Writers Write: Writer's Write is a great blog for writing and publishing as a playwright.
- Upstaged: Upstaged explores the world of theater in New York and the US.
- Gabrielle Fox Playwright: Gabrielle discusses her work as a playwright, screenplay, and short story writer.
- Travalance: Travalanche shares a variety of observations from Trav S.D., a playwright and more.
- New Jersey Young Playwrights: This blog is all about supporting young playwrights in New Jersey and beyond.
- We Play Different: Check out this blog to learn about creating plays.
- Caviglia's Cabinet of Curiosities: Caviglia's blog focuses on TV, theatre, art, movies, and even cephalopods.
- Summer Play Festival Diary: SPF Diary takes a look at playwrights and interns on this blog.
- Friends in Film: Friends in Film help actors and writers get into the film business.
- Ruben Carbajal: Ruben's blog offers playwriting and copywriting in blog form.
- Theatre, Culture, Politics & Stuff I Like: Read playwright David Johnson's blog about the theater industry and his work.
- Ronald McCants: Ronald McCants' blog is all about what's happening now with American playwrights.
- David J. LeMaster: David J. LeMaster is the Parkinson's Playwright writing about adventures in theater, literature, incurable diseases, and optimism.